[rc5] Re: Cyberian client's rate (was New Win32 client available

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Thu Jul 31 18:27:28 EDT 1997

On Thu, 31 Jul 1997 15:57:21 -0500, Marc Sissom wrote:

>Except that the keyblocks have not been allocated to the bovine
>clients in a linear fashion. I'm really surprised that the C
>effort has sprung up at all. Perhaps the secrecy of the bovine
>v2 is what forced it. I don't know.

As Bovine's told me more than once, don't make statements you don't
know about.  The blocks ARE distributed linearly, but they didn't start
at the very beginning (somewhere before 1% it appears, though).  Also,
there are occasionally random blocks handed out, but those are just
that, random.

Now, it's quite possible that they've changed their strategy on this,
but this was how it was being done fairly recently.

Colin L. Hildinger