[rc5] Re: Cyberian client's rate (was New Win32 client available

Wayne Collins wayncoll at enoreo.on.ca
Thu Jul 31 19:03:59 EDT 1997

-----Original Message-----
From:	Marc Sissom [SMTP:msissom at dnaent.com]
Sent:	Thursday, July 31, 1997 4:57 PM
To:	rc5 at llamas.net
Subject:	Re: [rc5] Re: Cyberian client's rate (was New Win32 client
available

At 01:41 PM 7/31/97 -0700, you wrote:
(stuff deleted)

So what. Even if you stay here, they still have working
stats. The rate of key consumption will not be greatly
affected by the quality of a web page. Don't argue
aesthetics. If an individual is interested in helping
out, they will. If not, a neato web page won't change
their mind.

I'd have to disagree with you there. There are a number of folks here at
the office who know little about technology, but do like to see their names
(or machine names) on a public list. A little healthy "round the office"
rivalry to place higher on the list replaced the "I've got a better screen
saver" rivalry that was going on. With the poor stats this has pretty much
fizzled. I will try to get folks going again once the stats problems are
 solved.

I will be here even if there are no stats, but there are quite a few people
who don't know or don't care about the importance of an effort like this.
The web page and stats are an effective way to sign some of these people
up.

Ttys
Wayne