[rc5] New Win32 client available

Austin T. austhomp at iastate.edu
Thu Jul 31 20:36:32 EDT 1997

At 11:46 AM 7/31/97 -0500, you wrote:
<snip>
>One thing to take into consideration is that at least every tenth block
>that the cyberian client completes is a block that has already been checked
>by the bovine effort.  Therefore, when comparing client speeds, it's
>important to remember that you should multiply the cyberian client's rate
>by 0.9 in order to get the true comparison.
>
>I believe you'll find that this 10% wasted effort more than offsets the ~2%
>speed advantage that the cyberian client shows on a few platforms.
>
>Just keeping things in perspective, here.  :)
>
>-/\/ugget
<snip>

WHY in the heck aren't we letting them know what not to search?  I know
they've asked, I keep track of both efforts.  The whole point of both
efforts is to get it cracked, we all really win no matter who or what team
finds it because the goal is still reached!  Why is there no cooperation,
and is it on purpose?  Friendly competition is good in my view, gives us
something to compare things with.  So again, why aren't we letting them
know what not to search?

(P.S., I do not mean to be rude, I just think it's better for the overall
effort to share the info)