[rc5] PPro speed increase?

Benedikt Eric Heinen beh at icemark.ch
Tue Jul 1 07:26:17 EDT 1997

> Well, the client doesn't tell you if it's resuming a block - resumed blocks
> only count the time that they were running *after resuming* and report
> extremely high results - I think I had one read 8,000,000 or so the other
> day...

...which in turn explains something else I saw - the high key-rate was due
to a reboot, before which I had already started the new clients. When
looking at the rc5-logs after rebooting, I saw that the first block done
by both clients was actually the same. It seems like when the clients get
restarted as new blocks, then they start chewing on the same block...

  Benedikt

signoff

          Hiroshima '45           Chernobyl '86           Windows '95