[rc5] v2 clients

Oscar Chang oscarc at divideby0.com
Tue Jul 1 01:05:29 EDT 1997

On Mon, 30 Jun 97 14:17:34 -0500, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:

>Oscar, since you're checking to see if the net connection is up for the
>DOD stuff, couldn't you automatically have it do a -flush and -fetch
>when it finishes a block AND the net connection is up?  I know that
>this would be a kludge w/ the current client, but at least it would
>work.  It also wouldn't be a problem for DOD users.  Of course, I'm
>looking forward to a multithreaded GUI version, too.  ;-)

  Well I could do that, but for those people using In-Joy DOD, they would
have to dial in after every block. And it would have to be on or off,
since there's no easy way to turn this feature on or off and still keep it
portable.
  Btw, don't hold your breath on the GUI version. :)

---
oscarc at divideby0.com
You won't be undefined when you Divide By Zero.
http://www.divideby0.com