[rc5] New competitor

Mark Huizer xaa at stack.nl
Tue Jul 1 14:50:41 EDT 1997

At 07:42 1-07-97 -0400, you wrote:
>Oh great, here we go agai.  nasty internicine rivalry.  Didn't this cost us
>bunches of keys during Deschall?
>
>[snip]

If they are smart they start with equal chances, running the keyspace
backwards. So statistically there is no need for randomizing key orders,
for competition purposes there is. the 80 days of work mean no advantage
now. But should they run backwards, they'll cost no computing power except
for the randomized block by the TimC clients every now and then.

So see this as a positive stap :)

Mark