[rc5] Is there going to be Personal Proxy for OS/2?

Tue Jul 1 09:40:09 EDT 1997

On Tue, 01 Jul 97 23:52:02 +1200, dan carter wrote:

>Does anybody know if there are any plans for the personal proxy to be
>implemented on the OS/2 platform?
>
>I could get many more machine cruching if this were developed.

I have several systems crunching even though only one has a TCP/IP connection.  Here is how I do it.

Set up a shared network directory and install the client on it.

>From the connected PC run one block in that directory. I am not sure that this is necessary, but it served as a good test.

>From the connected PC reconfigure the client to run fifty blocks at a time.

Start the client on the connected PC.  It will fetch fifty blocks and get to work.

Start the client on the non-connected PCs at the shared network drive.  They will start crunching the stored pool of blocks.

>From the connected PC run -FLUSH and -FETCH on a regular basis.  I use a REXX script to automate this.  I will attach it to this message.

You are cranking.

PS Do this for Team Warped.  Warped at ionet.net

Skip Huffman