[rc5] New competitor

David Hubbard dhubbard at peds-cme.med.usf.edu
Tue Jul 1 10:23:54 EDT 1997

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, RC5 Team wrote:

> Even though this new competitor is appealing cause of its five-fold price
> money, there are several reasons why I won't move there...

Yeah, money's money but with the odd's of any one person finding it
I'm just going to stay with Bovine because its been great so far.

> * First of all I've spent already enough time setting up all the clients
>   here, optimizing and automating keeping them running.
> * The new competitor is probably still 'immature' in the sense that they
>   will find new bugs, only have 1 keyserver, give very little information
>   on their clients, etc...etc...

And their stats page is ugly. :-)

> * The Bovine v2 clients seem to be a success (at least for me) running
>   happily at 99.9% so to speak, thanks to the keyblock buffering, which
>   was a great idea.

It would be a bigger success if there were a v2 personal proxy, I
would then convert many of my machines to v2 but until then....

Dave.
dhubbard at eng.usf.edu