[rc5] New competitor

Jonas Svensson jonass at lysator.liu.se
Tue Jul 1 16:38:52 EDT 1997

On Tue, 1 Jul 1997, Arvin Meyer wrote:

> If you read the fine print, it says something about the winner has to pay
> all the taxes for both shares. In Europe, this could mean that you owe more
> than you get! and even in the US, it'll cost you a couple of thousand.

Is it this sentence you are referring to ? "However, the person receiving
the 50% must take of possible taxes by him/herself!"

I do not think it says that you have to pay their taxes. I think it says
that the reward is not tax-free and you have to pay your own taxes.
Am I wrong ? If so I sure would like to know!