[rc5] New competitor (Taxes)

Matt Steinhoff mls at audiosports.net
Tue Jul 1 15:06:06 EDT 1997

> From: "Arvin Meyer" <onsite at esinet.net>
> Of course a US winner would be subject to US taxes, including all state
> and local taxes. I was pointing out that if the effort in Finland were
> to result in the prize being sent there first, a US winner might be
> subject to taxes in BOTH countries!

    Heh...
    Either way, it's not something I'm going to lose sleep over. There is
only one winning key in 72,057,594,037,927,936 possible keys. If my computer
finds the key, then I'll think about Uncle Sam. Heck, the chances of winning
the lottery in my state (Florida, USA) is just one in +/-14,000,000. (If my
computer does find the RC5 key, I may start playing the lottery.)

    Matt