[rc5] Network::Error x/y messages

root marcus at dfwmm.net
Tue Jul 1 16:42:44 EDT 1997

I think that I'm starting to decipher the error messages.
It looks like the first number of the(infamous?)
>Network::Error 6/0 is something to do with the number of
blocks involved. Look at this:

>marcsmess:~/rc5v2# rc5v2c -fetch
>
>RC5 v2.000 client - a project of distributed.net
>Copyright distributed.net 1997
>Visit http://www.distributed.net/ for more information
>
>The proxy says: "Bovine Proxy KeyServer (Build 2090)"
>Network::Error 6/0

The above happened after flushing 18 and trying to
fetch. The next attempt produced this:

>The proxy says: "Welcome to rc5proxy.distributed.net (opus)"
>[07/01/97 20:33:34 GMT] Retrieved 12 block(s) from server

I have not "produced" any other relationship between the
numbers and the possible errors. I have never seen an
error x/y where x was greater than 50. Y is always zero.