[rc5] v2 clients

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Tue Jul 1 16:41:18 EDT 1997

On Tue, 01 Jul 97 00:05:29 -0500, Oscar Chang wrote:

>On Mon, 30 Jun 97 14:17:34 -0500, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:
>
>>Oscar, since you're checking to see if the net connection is up for the
>>DOD stuff, couldn't you automatically have it do a -flush and -fetch
>>when it finishes a block AND the net connection is up?  I know that
>>this would be a kludge w/ the current client, but at least it would
>>work.  It also wouldn't be a problem for DOD users.  Of course, I'm
>>looking forward to a multithreaded GUI version, too.  ;-)
>
>  Well I could do that, but for those people using In-Joy DOD, they would
>have to dial in after every block. And it would have to be on or off,
>since there's no easy way to turn this feature on or off and still keep it
>portable.

Huh?  Does netstat.exe make Injoy dial in when DOD is enabled?
Assuming it doesn't, you could just run netstat after every block and
check to see if the connection was up.  -flush and -fetch if it was.

>  Btw, don't hold your breath on the GUI version. :)

Well, there's a bit of a learning curve, especially if you're doing PM
program from scratch instead of using class libraries.

Colin L. Hildinger
| Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine! |  The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page         |
| http://www.os2ezine.com/    |	http://www.ionet.net/~colin/games.html |
|	   The Official Unofficial AWE32 and OS/2 Warp Page	       |
| 		http://www.ionet.net/~colin/awe32.html		       |