[rc5] requesting and returning by different hosts possible?

Friedemann Baitinger baiti at herrenberg.netsurf.de
Sun Jun 1 23:31:05 EDT 1997

I have an IBM ThinkPad which I plug into my LAN at home. It requests
and returns key-blocks through my internet router (Linux). The windows
client on the ThinkPad is a buffering client. During the office hours,
I take the ThinkPad to work and plug it into the corporate network.
There, the rc5 client reports through a firewall socks gateway.

This scenario translates to a situation where a host returns processed
keyblocks which it actually never requested. Is this a problem? If yes,
I think I could install the client twice in two different directories
and maintain a 'work-buffer' and a 'home-buffer'. What do you suggest?

Friedemann Baitinger           baiti at herrenberg.netsurf.de