[rc5] Is there a "generic" clietn source available?

Fedor Kouranov ted99 at ibm.net
Mon Jun 2 01:55:06 EDT 1997

On 06/01/97 marcus at dfwmm.net said:

>I don't need anything fancy, just some pure, unoptimized, c code. I'd like
>to try porting it to a DSP that resides on a PC(ISA) card just to see what
>it could do.

Not too much, IMHO. The CPU is supposed to be way more powerful ;-)

>All I have to measure today is a 6x86 at 133Mhz, and if you
>assume 1 instruction(op)/Hz, the keywork seems to take about
>900-1100 ops for each key(130-145Kkeys/sec). That seems to
>be a lot more than would be necessary after looking at the
>rfc-2040.

That's a very brave assumption. Recall that CISC CPUs are *not* supposed to observe 1 op/tick (each op can take a different number of ticks, depending on complexity and h/w abilities), and throw in some bus & memory latency, (BI)OS intervention, and just not optimized code pieces.

 /** Christ is risen ! *** __+__ ******  Fedor "Ted" Kouranov  *****/
 /* Xristos Voskrese ! **   \|    ** ted99 at ibm.net * fedor at bu.edu **/
 /** Xristos anesti ! ****   |\  ** http://enz.siobc.ras.ru/~fedor */