[rc5] Proxy sources

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Tue Jun 3 14:49:46 EDT 1997

At 01:19 PM 6/3/97 -0700, Brett McCormick wrote:
>I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind this -- if it can be
>written without knowledge of protocol (or am I wrong?) in a few hours,
>what's the problem?

That is indeed correct, but there is nothing of educational value nor much
programming effort to be gained from the source to the personal proxy,
other than for it to be used for mischievous purposes, just as the client
source could be used.  Furthermore, by controlling source distribution I
can control unofficial binary distribution and prevent rogue binaries from
floating around.  So I've decided to not generally release my source.  The
issue is not open to further debate.