[rc5] rc5 for HPUX-10/PA-8000

Tom Guptill tgpt at kudzu.pas.rochester.edu
Fri Jun 13 11:16:05 EDT 1997

For those of us with the opposite problem, if anyone can provide a
statically-linked build for HPUX-7.0.0A (on an HPPA-1.0 9000/835), I'd be
eternally grateful.  I absolutely cannot get gcc to build on this platform
and the prebuilt binaries assume we have a machine that was manufactured in
this decade.

Anyone?

- Tom

On Fri, Jun 13, 1997 at 08:41:06AM -0500, Scott Garee wrote:
> The PA-8000 adds some additional instructions to the PA-RISC instruction
> set, plus many additional optimizations.  A build for the PA-8000 would
> probably boost performance on systems so equipped.
>
> How are builds for new binaries controlled?  I can do the build if
> anyone
> is interested.
>
> -Scott
>
> --
> Scott Garee = garee at convex.hp.com http://www.convex.com
> Hewlett Packard - Convex Technology Center - Richardson, TX
> Avoid sweeping generalizations... They're never true. - me
> ----

Tom Guptill                     Department of Physics and Astronomy
UNIX SA                         University of Rochester  Rochester, NY USA
                                HEPNet:  tgpt at urhep