[rc5] Solaris client slow?

Henry W Miller mill0440 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Fri Jun 13 10:46:33 EDT 1997

On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, Trey Valenta wrote:

> No argument there, and for the most part, that was my question. Is the
> client for Sparc fully optimized? I am not familiar with the rc5 code at

I don't know forsure.  I haven't been able to find a document on sparc
asembly.  IF I find one, I'll look to see if it exists.  If you happend
to know sparc asm, a fullly optimised client will have an inline assembly
inscturcion for rotate left.  MIPS does not have this.  I doupt Sparc has
this instruction, the source code implies it doens't.