[rc5] Suggestions

Oliver Atkins oliver.atkins at university-college.oxford.ac.uk
Fri Jun 13 19:03:28 EDT 1997

On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, Henry W Miller wrote:
AR>> First, it may be a good idea to modify some of the clients
AR>> so that, when they are unable to contact the key server, instead of
AR>> going idle, they start testing random keys.
HM> It's been considered and droped more then once.  get a buffering
HM> clinet if this is a problem for you.

If you're running a Win95 box, use the TimC client; it already does this
(the random thingy), AND it'll buffer up to 20 blocks, saving them to disk
if it's told to terminate (tho' I have caught it not doing so a few times)
I get about 120k keys/s on a bog-standard P133 with occasional load.

Oliver Atkins of Univ., Oxford   |   email: univ0538 at sable.ox.ac.uk

	"Prelims... Don't talk to me about prelims..."