[rc5] Suggestions

Donald J. Rude donr at hbp.com
Fri Jun 13 14:14:26 EDT 1997

Adam B. Roach wrote:

> Second, you may want to set up some proxies that communicate
> with HTTP.

> have a non-SOCKS firewall in place, with a web proxy available.

	I think what you mean is... communicate VIA port 80.  The protocol used
over that port is insignificant.  Why not move a computer outside the
firewall (or get a shell account somewhere) and run a proxy on said
computer that listens on port 80?  The only trick then is that you need
SU priv on a Unix based system to listen to port 80.  Perhaps a simple
WIN95 box outside the firewall?

 ----
        Don Rude           http://donr.hbp.com/
        Systems Analyst