[rc5] Solaris client slow?

Trey Valenta trey at zipcon.net
Fri Jun 13 17:24:39 EDT 1997

> to know sparc asm, a fullly optimised client will have an inline assembly
> inscturcion for rotate left.  MIPS does not have this.  I doupt Sparc has
> this instruction, the source code implies it doens't.
> ----

I dont think it does since the source code from the desclient that I was
using makes mention of that fact. However, I am not sure of what is
different that that client reports 200k+ keys/s on my Sparc.

Trey Valenta	trey at zipcon.net

Aphorism, n.:
	A concise, clever statement.
Afterism, n.:
	A concise, clever statement you don't think of until too late.
		-- James Alexander Thom