[rc5] RC5 cracking...

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Sat Jun 14 16:50:37 EDT 1997

At 11:08 AM 6/14/97 +0200, Harald Koenig wrote:
>I'm writing all the output of the clients to log files and I just checked
>these log files and realized that there have been messages like
>
>	rc5-56-client: Please restart your client as soon as it becomes convenient.
>
>	This server will go offline in 2 days.  Point your client at
rc5proxy.distributed.net before then!

>	If you're pointing at bovine.st.hmc.edu switch to rc5proxy.distributed.net

Those messages began to be printed nearly a full month ago and were
generated if you were pointing at the machine bovine.st.hmc.edu (my dorm
computer at college).

Regardless, you should be regularly checking the progress of your clients,
including their logs.

Jeff