[rc5] RC5 stats

Iestyn D.Bleasdale-Shepherd idb20 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Sun Jun 15 03:04:26 EDT 1997

I have a small suggestion, which you may of course choose to ignore.
I think that you should be able to view all the domains submitting to an
email team (of course in the case of linux at ... you could do 100 per page
with a 'Next 100' link at the bottom) and perhaps also the _fastest_
domain (there are some kane-ass supercomputers at **.qut.edu.au and I
think some students are surreptitiously using their account time for
RC5...).

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with cracking RC5 56-bit (are you
going to try 64-bit afterwards?) - my estimate is that you'll do it in
~240 days judging by the seemingly exponential growth of computing power
involved.

Iestyn

An old man envies a boy his youth | Iestyn D.Bleasdale-Shepherd
Wisdom for time, a trade          |
Life sunders the question         |     <tark at hotmail.com>