[rc5] Personal Proxy

Jason A. Farque' jasonf at pigging.com
Mon Jun 16 02:03:25 EDT 1997

On Mon, 16 Jun 1997 00:59:34 +0100, you wrote:

>Im trying out the Personal Proxy server for win32, and am having a
>problem.
>
>As I have a dialup connection im using the 100 max, 10min, with 90
>threshold, as it says in the dox.
>
>The problem is that is downloading the keys fine, it just doesnt seem to
>want to send the completed keys... ideas?
>
>Screenshot:
>
>6/15/97 23:55:40--ready=59  notify=41  uptime=7.3 hrs  avgrate=0.4
>Mkeys/sec
>
>Please Reply: thundernet at enterprise.net
>
>Dave Smith

Dave,

I think it's doing what it's supposed to.  The proxy should not
attempt to send the keys until the "threshold" amount is reached.  The
screenshot that you sent indicates that you have 41 keys ready to
send.  That's the number that will have to reach 90 before a send
occurs.

Your settings indicate that you want the personal proxy to maintain a
minimum of 10 keys available, no more than 100, and send when you have
90 ready.

Hope this helps...

Jason A. Farque'

CDI
Worldwide suppliers of pipeline pig location & tracking equipment.
Product information available at http://www.pigging.com