[rc5] firewall

Marc Sissom msissom at dnaent.com
Tue Jun 17 15:36:56 EDT 1997

At 01:26 PM 6/17/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Hey, I dled all the 95 clients, and I am having trouble getting through
>the firewall where I work.  I have a P200 and I would like to help.  The
>firewall captures everything I think, and doesnt allow SOCKS as far as I
>know.  When I run the Bovine NT/95 commandline, Its fails to get the
>hostname and fails to get the key, and then sleeps for a bit.  Do you
>have any suggestions on how I can make this work?

Yes! Download the SocksCAP32 software from the NEC site as directed
on the bovine client page. Download the w32 version of the personal
proxy. Setup the proxy to run "under" SocksCAP32. Setup the clients
to talk to the proxy. You're in business.

Works here!

  Marc Sissom               | Design Engineer
  DNA Enterprises, Inc.     | Phone: 972/644-3301
  269 W. Renner Parkway     | Fax: 972/644-6338
  Richardson, Texas 75080   | http://www.dnaent.com