[rc5] OS/2 client!

Oscar Chang oscarc at divideby0.com
Thu Jun 19 00:49:04 EDT 1997

On Thu, 19 Jun 97 01:05:30 -0400, Mario Gaucher wrote:

>I'm new to RC5-56... and I want to know :
>
>What is the difference between rc5-os2.exe, rc5-os2-bovine.exe and
>rc5-os2-X86.exe?
>Which client for Cyrix P150+?

  rc5-os2-bovine was basically a stright port of the unix bovine client
done by Henry Miller. There were some minor things he didn't address thou,
such as signal handling (Ctrl+C) and setting the correct idle class, those
are fixed with rc5-os2 which I ported.

>When I start the RC5 client, PMINews (news reader for OS/2) seems to
>"freeze"... I have to close the client when I want to use PMINews!
>What can I do to resolve this problem?

  Well if your using the rc5-os2 client, then make sure you use the -o 1
switch, that'll make sure that the client is only running when the
computer is idle. That should fix it.

---
oscarc at divideby0.com
You won't be undefined when you Divide By Zero.
http://www.divideby0.com