[rc5] DOD For OS/2

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Thu Jun 19 05:38:41 EDT 1997

At 04:11 PM 6/19/97 +1000, Andrew Glazebrook wrote:
>	I attempted to use it for DoD in combination with a linux personal key
>server, but for some reason the clients connecting to the keyserver kept
>setting it off somehow (though I don't think it happens every time,
>perhaps it is a fault with clients). But for a single client it should
>certainly fine.

It is likely caused by the client when they print out the name of the
server that they are connecting to (assuming you have the clients set to
use an external DNS machine).  Each time they connect, they perform a
reverse lookup of the IP address to retrieve the DNS name of the server.
This is due to the programming choices made by the original genx programmers.