[rc5] Linux Speedups...

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Thu Jun 19 05:41:21 EDT 1997

At 02:35 AM 6/19/97 -0600, Ben Schumacher wrote:
>So I joined the Bovine RC5.  However, I have noticed that the speeds of the
>clients are very slow, compared to the SolNET ones.

Be assured that the difference in speed is mostly unavoidable due to the
additional complexity of the RC5 algorithm.  The new clients that we are
planning should show moderate speed increases (up to 20% in some cases),
and should be quite nearly the fastest performance that can be expected out
of the RC5 algorithm.