[rc5] OS/2 Client -o broken?

Henry W Miller mill0440 at gold.tc.umn.edu
Thu Jun 19 08:06:33 EDT 1997

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Jun 97 23:53:19 -0700, DevBahn - OS/2 Programmers Sanctuary
> wrote:
> >Just settling in after months of DES cracking, and was noticing the
> >client suddenly started bailing out when I was trying to bump up the -o
> >number after work today (The machines are at work). If I raise the -o
> >number (usually 1) above 1 (2, 3, or 4), it aborts with "os2class:
> >Error 0" everytime. Any ideas,as I'd really like to crunch a little
> >harder at night if I can. Thanks.
>
> I get the same thing. :-(  I wanted to set to 3 overnight, but it was a
> no-go.

You won't crunch harder overnight be chaning the priority unless you are
running something else overnight as well.  The priority is used ONLY where
two or more processes (at different priorities) want to run to decide
which process gets more CPU time.  If you have one process it makes no
difference what priority you give it, the entire cpu (minus OS overhead)
will be avaibal to it.