[rc5] Digital Unix (OSF/1) client.

Tom Guptill tgpt at pas.rochester.edu
Thu Jun 19 13:46:34 EDT 1997

> but was a little concerned because it wasn't listed on the web pages.
> I've been running it since late yesterday evening, and it seems to be
> moving along merrily (about 65K keys per second on my older Alpha).  I
> just wanted to check to make sure the client I was using was fine, and not
> a beta I wasn't supposed to use.

That seems a bit low, even for a 166:  our 600 5/333 does:

rc5-56-client: Processed 324914.10 keys per second.
rc5-56-client: Keyspace Exhausted in 13.77 minutes.

I'm actually a bit disappointed in that number: it's about the same speed
as our PPro 200s, and I think it should be a bit faster.  Does the alpha
also lack that instruction that the SPARCs don't have?

- Tom