Source (was: Re: [rc5] Mac DESChall -> Mac Bovine RC5)

Tom Guptill tgpt at kudzu.pas.rochester.edu
Thu Jun 19 16:33:59 EDT 1997

On Thu, Jun 19, 1997 at 12:54:34PM -0500, Colin L. Hildinger wrote:

> I asked the same questions.  Yes, there have been detected attempts.
> We don't know about undetected ones.  The new clients will supercede
> the existing ones and will use a different varification scheme.  The
> new clients will not have public source.  I expect the old clients will
> be disabled completely on the new servers.

If this is the case, then my machines will be leaving the effort when the
old clients stop working.  I originally move from the DES work to this
project largely because the source was made public.  Admittedly, y'all
probably won't miss our team that much (rc5 at lenin.pas.rochester.edu,
somewhere around #100 on the list), but I'll bet that others will leave as
well.  I guess there's no point in my working on the current source for VMS
anymore until I find out if this is going to change...

- Tom

--
Tom Guptill                     Department of Physics and Astronomy
UNIX SA                         University of Rochester  Rochester, NY USA