[rc5] DOD For OS/2

Andrew Glazebrook andgla at hna.com.au
Fri Jun 20 08:42:51 EDT 1997

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 04:38:41 -0700, Jeff Lawson wrote:

>At 04:11 PM 6/19/97 +1000, Andrew Glazebrook wrote:
>>	I attempted to use it for DoD in combination with a linux personal key
>>server, but for some reason the clients connecting to the keyserver kept
>>setting it off somehow (though I don't think it happens every time,
>>perhaps it is a fault with clients). But for a single client it should
>>certainly fine.
>
>It is likely caused by the client when they print out the name of the
>server that they are connecting to (assuming you have the clients set to
>use an external DNS machine).  Each time they connect, they perform a
>reverse lookup of the IP address to retrieve the DNS name of the server.
>This is due to the programming choices made by the original genx programmers.

	I don't think so, as all the clients are using out own internal DNS,
which only works for our internal network. It is possible that my local
machine could cause it doing a local lookup if I have the nameserver of my
ISP left in the config, however it occured once with a dialup user to the
network which shouldn't have had any reason to know about the outside
connection (any lookups that client did would have used the internal DNS).

	Anyway, it doesn't matter now - I'm going to do it manually, once first
thing in the morning and once in the evening will be more than sufficient
I'm sure. Once the new clients come out I'll let them randomly generate,
and only get a new batch of blocks to check every day or two. This will
all be solved once I finally get access to the ISDN connection sitting
here, and then the computers will be 100% on the net and all this won't be
happening :-).

===== Korig / Andrew / The Chancellor =====
E-Mail: andgla at hna.com.au
WWW: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/8217
Newcastle, NSW, Australia.
No Christ, No Life. Know Christ, Know Life.