[rc5] OS/2 Client -o broken?

Oscar Chang oscarc at divideby0.com
Thu Jun 19 19:00:44 EDT 1997

On Wed, 18 Jun 97 23:53:19 -0700, DevBahn - OS/2 Programmers Sanctuary
wrote:

>Just settling in after months of DES cracking, and was noticing the
>client suddenly started bailing out when I was trying to bump up the -o
>number after work today (The machines are at work). If I raise the -o
>number (usually 1) above 1 (2, 3, or 4), it aborts with "os2class:
>Error 0" everytime. Any ideas,as I'd really like to crunch a little
>harder at night if I can. Thanks.

  Actually I had it setup to only use 0 (Normal) and 1 (Idle). I didn't
think anyone would use it for Fixed length or server classes. Oops. :)
  I'm not gonna bother updating it since I'm working on the new client
now. Just throw it in normal priority and that'll be enough.
  Another tip, if you wanna make it use more of the normal class, you can
set it to a highest class delta. Use the switch -n +31. It'll set it to be
the highest level in the normal or idle class. (the lowest is -31 btw).
  Actually if you really really want to make it go into a higher prioirty
class, even while the program is running you can use the program C-A-D
Commander, it can force programs to go into different prioirities on the
fly.

---
oscarc at divideby0.com
You won't be undefined when you Divide By Zero.
http://www.divideby0.com