[rc5] Personal Proxy Problem

Jeff Gilchrist jeffg at nbnet.nb.ca
Fri Jun 20 03:03:30 EDT 1997

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 21:07:31 -0400 (EDT), Stuart Anthony
<denitto at llamas.net> wrote:

> Form this, I assume the pc's can reach the proxy server, and the proxy
> server reaches the internet...  what you need to do is point the pc
> clients at the machine running the proxy.  That way the pc's only have to
> connect to the proxy machine, while the proxy machine does all the
> negotiating with the outside world.

	I guess I didn't explain properly.  All the PCs I have are stand
alone, only connect to the Internet via modem.  So I have the proxy server
running on the same machine as the client.  Since I am not connected to any
network, my machine (Win95) doesn't have an IP address per say.  So how do
I tell the RC5 client to talk to the proxy server which are both on the
same local machine.  When I dial into the net the proxy can talk to the key
servers to get the key chunks.

> Well, these probably won't mean anything by then end of this weekend after
> the new clients are released, however:

	Are the new clients going to be released by the end of the weekend for
sure or is this just what you have been hearing?

Regards,
--
-= JEFF GILCHRIST =-       University of New Brunswick, Canada
E-mail: jeffg at nbnet.nb.ca        Computer Science Co-op

PGP Key ID : 1C3A5801      * PGP Key Available On Request *
Fingerprint: A0 16 46 B9 80 B6 5E 7D  2F E9 60 13 6A D9 0B 66