[rc5] Personal Proxy Problem

techs at obfuscation.org techs at obfuscation.org
Thu Jun 19 23:52:34 EDT 1997

> 	I guess I didn't explain properly.  All the PCs I have are stand
> alone, only connect to the Internet via modem.  So I have the proxy server
> running on the same machine as the client.  Since I am not connected to any
> network, my machine (Win95) doesn't have an IP address per say.  So how do
> I tell the RC5 client to talk to the proxy server which are both on the
> same local machine.  When I dial into the net the proxy can talk to the key
> servers to get the key chunks.

I'd be quite impressed if Win95's IP stack did not have a 127.0.0.1
loopback interface defined.   try pointing the proxy at
rc5proxy.distributed.net and the rc5 client at localhost (127.0.0.1)

--
(emf:erik fichtner:techs:discursive melancholia)
"It's true. No man is an island. But if you take a bunch of dead