[rc5] Personal Proxy Problem

Evan Jeffrey ejeffrey at eliot213.wuh.wustl.edu
Fri Jun 20 00:39:51 EDT 1997

>OK, I've gone and set up my Win 95 machine _just_ for Bovine. :-)
>

>To confirm: yes, Win 95 does support 127.0.0.1 (I pinged myself).  But I'd
>personally rather run any proxy on my Linux box. :-)

Is this with or without an active network?  I have heard (but not confirmed:
I don't do win95) that it just uses 127.0.0.1 as an alias for its IP
address.  No "real" ip address, 127.0.0.1 stops working too.

I'd personally rather run *everything* on my linux box.  Which is good,
cause that is all I have :-)

===
Evan Jeffrey
erjeffre at artsci.wustl.edu

Let us go.  Let us leave this festering hell hole.  Let us think the
unthinkable, let us do the undoable.  Let us prepare to grapple with the
ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.
                                                --Dirk Gently