[rc5] Personal Proxy Problem

Jason A. Farque' jasonf at pigging.com
Fri Jun 20 03:10:47 EDT 1997

>	I just joined the RC5 Bovine challenge from DESCHALL.  I am trying to
>set up a bunch of Intel PC's running Win95 with the personal proxy server.
>
>	All of the PC machines are offline machines so they are not directed
>connected to the net.  I have the proxy server up and running but what
>address do I use in the Bovine RC5 client itself?

Point the clients to the address of the proxy machine.  I use an
actual IP address on the command line.

>	Also, what is the difference between the Bovine Win95 client and Tim's
>Win95 client?  Is one faster than the other, more features, or what?

I don't know about features, but I had problems getting the Bovine
version working.  The GUI version seems to require that you have a
direct connection to the Internet.  I simply use the hidden version of
Tim's client.  Works great on my 13 Win95 machines around the office.
The people on those machines *don't even know* they're running the
clients during the day.  They are all pointed to a personal proxy that
dials out on demand.

If you need more help, feel free to email me.

Jason A. Farque'

CDI
Worldwide suppliers of pipeline pig location & tracking equipment.
Product information available at http://www.pigging.com