[rc5] Mac DESChall -> Mac Bovine RC5

Tristan Horn tristan at camel.ethereal.net
Fri Jun 20 07:12:43 EDT 1997

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, Matt Lee wrote:
> As far as quitting goes; use Tris' current Mac client (available at
> ftp.ethereal.net/pub/rc5) - it has a -e option which will quit the
> client when the amount of work you specify is done. i.e. put in -h 15
> -e and the client will autoquit after 15 hours of blocks are done.

Speaking of quitting...

there's a new version of the MacOS client at ftp://ftp.distributed.net/pub/rc5/
which will actually quit when you press cmd-Q.  It's a hack, but it works.

No new optimizations or buffering in this client, sorry.  If Andrew Meggs
can't port the new client this week, and if I can get his preliminary
optimizations (30 to 60% faster) working on the test port, I'll roll them
into my old client.

Tris