[rc5] RC5 from inside a firewall

Marc Sissom msissom at dnaent.com
Fri Jun 20 10:20:08 EDT 1997

At 01:57 PM 6/20/97 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Maybe I'm missing something here but, how do I get the client to go via
>my proxy firewall?  I need to specify the name of the firewall machine
>and a port to use but don't see how to set it up on the client....
>(NT4.0 using both win and cmd clients).

Here is what we are doing:

First of all, pick _two_ machines to be your proxy servers.
Install the SocksCAP32 software that can "socksify" the _proxies_ on
 those two machines.
Setup the proxies to run under the SocksCAP32 stuff and get them
 in contact with the key servers.
Install the clients and set them up to point -a and -a2 to your
 local proxies - they don't have to cross the firewall only the
 proxies do!

You're done.

For max performance, disable all screensavers and tell everyone
to just turn off the monitors when they go home.

If you don't understand why you need two proxies, you will soon
enough.

  Marc Sissom               | Design Engineer
  DNA Enterprises, Inc.     | Phone: 972/644-3301
  269 W. Renner Parkway     | Fax: 972/644-6338
  Richardson, Texas 75080   | http://www.dnaent.com