[rc5] distributed.net: a Generalised Compute Resource?

Tom Guptill tgpt at kelp.pas.rochester.edu
Fri Jun 20 17:03:58 EDT 1997

On Fri, Jun 20, 1997 at 02:20:28PM -0500, David Sowder wrote:

> (Of course, there's always the nagging mental question:  Is my Unix or VMS
> machine properly configured?)

Coupled with the questions "is my UNIX or VMS system bug-free" (yeah, right)
and "is the software I'm running doing what it claims, or trying to crack
password files from somebody else's machine, or sending spam from my host,
etc., etc..."

- Tom

--
Tom Guptill                     Department of Physics and Astronomy
UNIX SA                         University of Rochester  Rochester, NY USA