[rc5] Personal proxie, client, and Win95

Freddie Cash derf at emails.com
Fri Jun 20 15:02:52 EDT 1997

Hey everybody,

I'm trying to set up the Personal Proxie and the Win32 client on my
Win95 PC to save dial-up time/instances.  I have the Proxie and the
client set to look at 127.0.0.1, but after each block, the client
still attempts to dial-out.  After a successful dial-out, it looks on
my PC for the proxie and gets the new block.  No network data sent
via dialup.

I've tried setting the Proxie and the client to look at HAL9000 (the
workgroup name of my PC) but it still tries to dial out as above.

Is there some way that the Proxie and the client can be set up to run
off 1 PC, without having to dial out after each block?  If I cancel
the dial-out, the client hangs and crashes.

Any suggestions?  I can post the ini's for them both if needed.  My
PC is a 486/100MHz w/20MB RAM running Win95, w/33.6 dial-up
connection.  Any and all help appreciated.

Derf

- pyrokin at hotmail.com
- derf at emails.com