[rc5] Press inquiry: The rc5 thing

Brooks Talley brooks_talley at infoworld.com
Fri Jun 20 16:40:42 EDT 1997

Hey there.  I'm the test manager over at InfoWorld, and I'm interested
in what you guys are doing both from a cracking-the-code perspective and
the distributed, collaborative computing angle.   I'm wondering if I can
get some comments about where you see the project evolving (I read the
mention of V3), and whether you think there might come a day when, when
you install your OS, it asks you "Spend idle time: 1) looking for
mersennes, 2) helping SETI, 3) etc" or some such.

Keep up the work... I've thrown a couple of fast machines in the lab on
the project.
Brooks Talley
Test Manager
InfoWorld