[rc5] TimC W95/NT version 1.19!

Tim Charron tcharron at interlog.com
Fri Jun 20 20:23:38 EDT 1997

> Hi!
> I have download TimC clients for W95 from your official download page
> and I have found there are only 1.19 versions there (visible and hide
> too). The last version should be 1.20. The another think I have found in
> this 1.19 version (maybe fixed in 1.20) is a bug (GPF) that appear when
> client is run with long (about 100 chars) command line. My example:
> C:\RC5\RC5.EXE -a rc5.ethereal.net -a2 rc5proxy.distributed.net -i -ri
> -la rc5.log -k 5 slansky at usa.net
> I think some allocated buffer is small, maybe...
> Best regards, Petr

The ones on the download page had not identified themselves properly.
 There are newer versions now, in any event.

Re the command line, this is a Win95 bug (doesn't happen under NT I'm
told)

In your case, try:
rc5.exe -a rc5proxy.distributed.net -i -ri -la -k 5 slansky at usa.net

You don't need the filename rc5.log
You don't need 2 servers (the clients respect the fact that
rc5proxy.distributed.net actuall points at many servers and will
cycle among them now)
You could even remove the -k 5 if you have a decent internet
connection (it will default to -k 2)

-- Tim

Tim Charron
tcharron at interlog.com