[rc5] AIX?

Tristan Horn tristan at camel.ethereal.net
Fri Jun 20 17:27:59 EDT 1997

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997, John Payne wrote:
> Are there going to be new AIX clients available (both PPC and PowerII)?
> I believe the existing clients are the GenX ones?

If you still have the source, you can try rolling in the POWER
optimizations from ftp://ftp.ethereal.net/pub/rc5/misc/power-opt.c

I've already given it to a couple people.  I recall one of them saying
that it did over 140Kk/s on a 66MHz POWER CPU with two integer units...
Maybe they're on the list & can upload the binary to ftp.distributed.net.

Note that this will not compile with cc, only gcc.  I'm not sure how or if
AIX cc handles inline asm.  (and sorry, I don't currently have an account
on an AIX box on which I can compile a client for you...)

Tris