[rc5] MIPS clients on an Indy?

Bryan Fullerton bryanf at samurai.com
Fri Jun 20 22:09:37 EDT 1997

I've just started a new job this week, and the nice people gave me an SGI
Indy R5000 on my desk (though they keep threatening to replace it with a
Sun :).

So I'm wondering what the difference between the MIPS clients is.  I seem
to be able to run the MIPS1-32, MIPS2-32 and MIPS3-n32 clients - I know
nothing about this architecture, what's the functional difference?  The
MIPS3-n32 one seems to run faster - is this the best one to be running or
are there other considerations?

Thanks,

Bryan
--
Bryan Fullerton             "What is the sound of Perl?  Is it not the sound
Samurai Consulting          of a wall that people have stopped banging their