[rc5] Re: RC5 crack

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Fri Jun 20 20:27:08 EDT 1997

At 06:01 PM 6/19/97 -0500, Jim Duchek wrote:
>I have a proxy running on my machine, it takes 30 key blocks.. Well, we
>lost power here, and apparently the proxy doesn't store what it had --
>What happens to the key blocks that it had?  After a certain number of
>days, does the proxy that mine got it's blocks from decide that they're
>not coming back and to reissue them?

Blocks do not have an expiration period.  Unreturned blocks are put back at
the end of our list and will be resent when all of the other keys have been
circulated.

This question is addressed in the FAQ

Jeff
--
Jeff Lawson     <jlawson at hmc.edu>    http://rc5.distributed.net/
Original Organizer/Programmer of the Bovine RC5 Cracking Effort