[rc5] SOURCE CODE AND REQUESTS FOR OTHER PLATFORMS

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Fri Jun 20 20:36:31 EDT 1997

At 10:22 AM 6/20/97 +0200, someone wrote:
>The download page talks about available source code (only for the version 1
>clients), but I can't see it anywhere. As I would like to experiment with
>RC5 encryption and Java (maybe even programming the hidden RC5 applet :-) I
>just need some rudimentary source, so version 1 source should be okay.

New work based on the source to the version 1 clients should NOT be started
by other people, as the client protocol for the version 2 clients is
entirely different and support for the version 1 clients will eventually be
dropped completely.

Once we begin releasing binaries for the version 2 clients (hopefully by
Monday), we will then start accepting requests for other client platforms.

***UNTIL THAT TIME***  Please do not send additional requests or messages
relating to source code, platform availability, or coding assistance.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lawson     <jlawson at hmc.edu>    http://rc5.distributed.net/
Original Organizer/Programmer of the Bovine RC5 Cracking Effort