[rc5] gaining and retaining users

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Sat Jun 21 00:13:14 EDT 1997

On Fri, 20 Jun 1997 22:40:53 -0400, andrew meggs wrote:

>My apologies for the long-winded letter, but this is sort of what I do
>professionally, and a 5:1 ratio between total clients and current clients
>demands some attention to our retention. Do other people have thoughts on
>these issues?

OK, new group, sort of the same idea.  Can the stats engine be linked
into the server so that every hour or whatever it sends the % of the
way though the keyspace the group is?  Maybe it could update the server
once an hour and print it with every new block.  The GUI clients could
have a graph for your block and a graph for the whole keyspace or
something...

Colin L. Hildinger

Join Team Warped Today and Help Win RSA's 56-bit RC5 Contest
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html

Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine!
http://www.os2ezine.com/

The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page