[rc5] How will I know if I found it?

Jeff Lawson jlawson at hmc.edu
Fri Jun 20 22:48:04 EDT 1997

>From: Stuart Caulkins <stuartc at mindspring.com>
>To: rc5 at llamas.net <rc5 at llamas.net>
>Date: Thursday, June 19, 1997 10:26 PM
>Subject: [rc5] How will I know if I found it?
>
>>How will I know if I found it?

The email address that is supplied when you start the client is reported to
the server and can be used to identify who submitted the solution block.
Furthermore, we will also know the IP address of your machine, which can be
used to help determine the person who submitted the block.

Note that the clients are not capable to exactly identifying the solution
key, but are only able to acknowledge likely candidate keys.  The final
determination will have to be done by our servers when it is received.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lawson     <jlawson at hmc.edu>    http://rc5.distributed.net/
Original Organizer/Programmer of the Bovine RC5 Cracking Effort