[rc5] How will I know if I found it?

Chris Carlin volkris at cryogen.com
Sat Jun 21 09:09:56 EDT 1997

bennett_t1 at popmail.firn.edu wrote:

> > How will I know if I found it?
>
> You expect us to know?

There is a way to find out. Every server has a port that issues test
blocks. Unfortunately I don't know the port number right offhand and am
too tired to go look so someone else will post it or go ask the guys in
#rc5, I'm sure one of them knows.

Just substitute this port number in for the normal and your client will
recieve a solvable block, thus similatingan actual hit.

Going to bed now.

--
Chris Carlin
Member of the Bovine RC5 Cracking network

Hiroshima  '45     Chernobyl  '86    Windows '95

Hi, I'm a signature virus... Why don't you copy me into your sig?