[rc5] gaining and retaining users

Colin L. Hildinger colin at ionet.net
Sat Jun 21 13:31:55 EDT 1997

On Sat, 21 Jun 1997 09:35:00 -0400, David Ward wrote:

>I think one thing that motivated people in DESCHALL was that the statistics were reported on a daily basis rather than just the aggregate count.  It was interesting to follow "who is number one today, this week, etc."  I like the RC5 stats, but the addition of stats for teams in the last 24 hours would keep people's interest more.  This goes double for people who are new to the effort and would take weeks to work their way into the top 100.
>
>I apologize if these stats are available and I just haven't found them yet.

I agree, but let them get the 2.0 client done.  I'm sure they're saving
all the messages with suggestions.  I would like to see a top 100 teams
over the last 24 hours and last 7 days.  That would be cool.  Listing
in order of blocks completed during that time, and having total blocks
and total ranking out to the side, so you could see who the up and
coming teams were.

Colin L. Hildinger

Join Team Warped Today and Help Win RSA's 56-bit RC5 Contest
http://www.ionet.net/~colin/rc5.html

Games Editor - OS/2 e-Zine!
http://www.os2ezine.com/

The Ultimate OS/2 Gaming Page